- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 whole chicken, butterflied
- 2 roasted peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chilli paste, sambal oelek if available
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5.
2. Add the peppers, onion, sugar, garlic, red wine vinegar, smoked paprika, chilli paste, olive oil, salt and pepper to a food processor and blend all ingredients to a smooth paste.
3. Lay butterflied chicken onto a baking tray, and pour chili mixture onto the chicken. Using your hands, spread the mixture so it coats the chicken all over on both sides.
4. Cook for 50 minutes or until the chicken is nice and crispy.
Rate This Recipe