- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2-3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 kg chicken wings, trimmed and tips removed
- 2 fresh red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, cut into quarters
- 30 g granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- cooked basmati rice, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat until the oil just begins to smoke.
2. Add the chicken wings and fry for about 4 minutes, or until browned all over, turning once. Add the chillies and cook for 1 minute before adding the onion quarters and cooking for a further 1 minute.
3. Sprinkle over the sugar and soy sauce, stir well, then remove the pan from the heat and leave to stand for 1 minute.
4. Transfer the chicken mixture to a shallow ovenproof dish. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and tender, stirring once halfway through. Serve on a bed of hot basmati rice.
Rate This Recipe