- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 long dried chillies, soaked in hot water
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- a small piece of ginger, (5cm)
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, crushed
- 1 chicken, 1.3 kg, jointed into 12 pieces
- fish sauce, to taste
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- juice of 1 lemons
- 1 lime, sliced
- 2 red chillies, chopped
1. Pound the dried chillies into a paste. In a food processor or pestle and mortar blend or crush the garlic, ginger and shallots into a paste.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan. Add the lemon grass and fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the garlic paste and fry, stirring, for 5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken pieces and fry until browned on all sides, stirring often.
5. Add the dried chilli paste, fish sauce and chicken stock.
6. Bring to the boil and cook briskly for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes and heat through.
7. Transfer the chicken and the chilli sauce to a serving plate. Pour over the lemon juice, garnish with lime slices and chopped chilli. Serve.
Rate This Recipe