- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling time
- Effort: easy
- 600 g cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
- 225 g low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives or spring onions
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- juice of 1/2 limes
- 1 tsp chopped pickled jalapeño chillies, or more to taste
- a little ice cold water
- black pepper
- 6 neat leaves of fresh coriander
- 6 fine slices of limes, to garnish
- 18 tortilla chips
1. Roughly chop the cucumber into chunks and place in the bowl of a large food processor. Scoop the flesh from the avocado and add it to the processor bowl along with the yogurt, chives, coriander, lime juice and chilli. Whizz at high speed for 30-60 seconds or until the mixture is very smooth.
2. Check the consistency of the soup and pour in some iced water, a little at a time, until the desired texture is achieved. You may think none is necessary. Taste and adjust the seasoning of the soup to taste, adding salt, pepper and more lime juice or jalapeno chilli as desired - the colder the soup the more seasoning you will need. Chill until ready to serve.
3. When ready to eat, pour the soup into bowls. Place a coriander leaf on each slice of lime and float it in the centre of the bowl. Serve with 3 tortilla chips per person.
Rate This Recipe