- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- vegetable oil, or butter, for frying
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1 small handful coriander, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2-3 small small dried red chillies, chopped
- 2 slices white bread
- sweet chilli sauce, (optional)
1. Heat a little vegetable oil or butter in a frying pan and cook the bacon until crisp. When it's done, remove and keep warm.
2. While the bacon is frying, crack the eggs into a bowl and beat them lightly. Add the coriander and spring onions and season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Add a little more vegetable oil or butter to the pan. Sprinkle in the dried chilli so that it flavours the fat. Dip the bread in the egg mixture, coat well and fry over a high heat for 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
4. Serve the eggy bread topped with the fried bacon. Include some sweet chilli sauce on the side if you like.
Rate This Recipe