- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1-2 small green chillies, finely chopped with seeds
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 pinches freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 200 g peeled brown shrimps
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red onions, finely chopped
- brown bread, toasted
- 2 lemons, halved
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the garlic and green chillies and sauté until garlic turns light golden. Add the butter and turn down the heat.
2. Add the lime juice, bay leaf, nutmeg and anchovy paste and simmer for 1 minute.
3. Add the shrimps, chopped coriander, chopped onions and remove from heat. Season well with salt and leave the mixture to cool.
4. As the butter starts to set, spoon the mixture into 4 ramekins. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
5. Remove from fridge 10-15 minutes before serving, so that butter is not too hard to spread on the toast. Serve on the toast with lemon.
Rate This Recipe