- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the chilli garlic prawns
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 12 tiger prawns, peeled and de-veined
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the sweet corn cakes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 525 g fresh kernels of sweetcorn
- 3 tbsp olive oil, for frying
For the herb salad
- small bunch chervil
- small bunch coriander
- small bunch flat leaf parsley
- small bunch frisée lettuce
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a saucepan; add the garlic and chilli, and cook over a low heat for 2 minutes.
2. Tip in the prawns and season. Cook for 2 minutes, until just opaque.
3. Remove the prawns from the pan and stir in the remaining olive oil to make the dressing.
4. Place the onion, eggs, coriander, flour and baking powder in a food processor with 475g of the corn kernels; process until combined. Season and transfer the mixture to a bowl.
5. Stir in the remaining corn kernels.
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan, drop in tablespoonfuls of the batter and cook for about 1 minute on each side.
7. Toss the salad leaves with the dressing.
8. Divide the sweetcorn cakes between 4 plates, top with the salad and sit the prawns on top. Drizzle the remaining dressing around and serve.
Rate This Recipe