- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 stalks lemongrass
- 250 g caster sugar
- 1/2 green chillies, chopped and seeds removed
- 2 cm ginger, roughly sliced
- 6 sheets leaf gelatine
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds only
- 1-2 passion fruit, seeds only
- 2 bananas
- 1 baby pineapples, peeled, core removed, flesh cut into chunks
1. Bash the lemon grass and add to 500ml or boiling water along with the sugar, chilli and the ginger. Cook until the mixture has infused well and the sugar has dissolved into a syrup.
2. Add the sheets of gelatine and mix until it has dissolved. Drain the mixture, discarding the bits. Chill the strained jelly over a bowl of ice.
3. Put the blood orange segments at the bottom of a large shallow bowl, with the pomegranate and passion fruit seeds.
4. Place the banana and pineapple in small bowls. Once the jelly has thickened to a gel consistency spoon it over the fruit and serve.
Rate This Recipe