- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 lemon
- 4 x 120 g cod fillets, or haddock fillets, unskinned
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and finely diced
- 175 g couscous
- 300 ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, or parsley
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Cut four slices from the lemon and squeeze the juice from the remainder into a small bowl. Place the fish fillets on the grill pan, skin side up, and lay the lemon slices on top; brush with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 6-8 minutes, without turning, until cooked and golden.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large pan and cook the garlic and pepper for 4-5 minutes until softened. Stir in the couscous, hot stock, tomatoes, salad onion and coriander or parsley. Season to taste, cover and remove from the heat.
4. Mix the lemon juice with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and the chilli powder. Fork up the couscous until fluffy then spoon onto serving plates, place the fish on top and drizzle over the chilli dressing.
Rate This Recipe