- Serves: Makes: 450 ml
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus several weeks to infuse
- Effort: easy
- 450 ml olive oil, not virgin
- 20 g dried red chilli flakes
- 10 g whole dried chillies
Tips and Suggestions
The oil can be kept in the bottle for several months (I usually keep it for 8-10 months).
1. Gently warm the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the chilli flakes and whole chillies to the oil, and heat for 3-4 minutes.
2. Using a funnel, decant the oil into a sterilised glass bottle. Seal and shake well.
3. Store the bottle in a cool, dry and dark place. Once a week give the bottle a shake and after a few weeks, the oil will change to slightly reddish colour. It could take two or three months to achieve the desired hotness.
Rate This Recipe