- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 finger green chillies, split lengthways
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp white or demerara sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 100 ml Green King or Twisted Thistle ale
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hot chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 225 g paneer, cut into 2 cm cubes
For the tomato, onion and chilli salad
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
1. For the tomato, onion and chilli salad: put all the ingredients into a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper and toss together. Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate until needed.
2. In a bowl, mix the chillies, garlic, sugar, black pepper, pale ale, tomato ketchup, soy and chilli sauce and a pinch of salt.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and lightly fry the paneer cubes for 5 minutes until golden.
4. Add the pale ale mixture to the pan and gently fry for a couple of minutes until the sauce thickens. [author query: what happens to onion rings?]
5. Serve hot with tomato, onion and chilli salad.
Rate This Recipe