- Serves: 4 x 400g jars
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g hot chillies, seeded, halved
- 750 g yellow and red bell peppers, seeded, halved
- 500 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 kg sugar
1. In a pot combine the peppers with apple cider vinegar. Cover with a lid and cook for about 20 minutes or until the peppers have softened.
2. In a colander, drain the pepper mixture and with the back of a wooden spoon press on the peppers to extract any excess liquid.
3. Transfer to a food mill or a blender and puree the peppers. Extract the liquid through a sieve to remove the pepper skin. Discard the skin.
4. In a saucepot, on medium heat, add the pepper puree and add the sugar a little at a time and mix until sugar has dissolved. Continue to cook for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove when mixture resembles a jam texture. Allow to cool and transfer into jars.
Rate This Recipe