- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 24 hrs to marinade).
- Effort: easy
- 4 navel oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 90 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- black pepper
- 175 g feta cheese, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 tbsp black olives
- Generous handful of mixed salad leaves, (rocket and baby spinach)
1. Lay the orange slices in a shallow dish.
2. Place the sugar and vinegar together in a small saucepan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chilli.
3. Pour the syrup over the oranges and refrigerate for several hours, preferably overnight.
4. Just before serving, drain the orange slices, reserving the juices, and arrange them onto each of four plates. Whisk the reserved juice into the olive oil; add the oregano and season to taste.
5. Scatter the feta cubes and the olives over the oranges and spoon over the dressing. Place a mound of salad leaves into the centre, grind over a little cracked black pepper and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe