- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- groundnut oil, for shallow frying
- 1 block of tofu
- 6 large chillies, roughly chopped
- 3 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 slices of ginger, roughly chopped
- 5 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 20 large prawns, skinned and deveined
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 bunch of chives, chopped
1. Heat a little groundnut oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat and fry both side of the tofu until golden brown, drain then cut it into cubes.
2. Using a mortar and pestle, grind the chillies, garlic, ginger, shallots and shrimp paste together.
3. Heat a little more oil in a frying pan and fry the paste for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the prawns, cubed tofu, oyster sauce, tomato sauce and soy sauce, stirring well.
5. Reduce the heat and allow the prawns to cook fully for another couple of minutes then add the chives and stir.
6. Serve immediately with boiled Thai rice.
Rate This Recipe