- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g runner beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chillies, finely sliced
1. Using a small knife or vegetable peeler, remove the string bits running up both sides of the runner beans.
2. Slice the runner beans; then tip into a saucepan of boiling salted water to blanch for a few minutes until they soften slightly, but still retain resistance to the bite.
3. Warm the olive oil in a frying pan large enough to hold the beans, add the sliced chilli and leave the chilli to infuse the oil for a few minutes on a low heat.
4. Stir in the warm runner beans and serve at once.
Made with produce from Garden Friends Vegetable Box Scheme - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
Rate This Recipe