- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 8 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped
- 2 red bullet chillies, very finely chopped
- bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- black pepper
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp malt vinegar
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onions, garlic and ginger until softened but not brown.
2. Add tomatoes and chilies and cook for a few minutes more. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
3. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately. The sauce is perfect with red meat and poultry.
Rate This Recipe