- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus 3 tbsp extra for drizzling
- 6 spring onions, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pinch dried red chilli flakes, preferably Aleppo or mild chilli flakes, or more to taste
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- ½ small bunch oregano, roughly chopped
- 12 raw king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 100 g feta cheese, preferably Hungarian feta, crumbled, plus extra for serving
Tips and Suggestions
You can use halloumi cheese in place of feta if preferred.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4.
2. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium-sized casserole dish and sauté the spring onions, ginger, garlic, chilli flakes, tomatoes and pomegranate molasses over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes to soften slightly.
3. Top with the prawns then cover with the crumbled feta. Drizzle with another 3 or so tablespoons of olive oil if the dish looks like it needs it and transfer to the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted into the sauce and the prawns are cooked through.
4. Remove from the oven and garnish with oregano. Crumble over a little extra feta before serving if you wish.
Rate This Recipe