- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g pork spare ribs
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp chinese five spice
- 3 medium red chillies
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 500 ml vegetable oil, for deep frying
1. Slice the chillies into thin rings - I like to leave in the seeds as they give the ribs a really hot and spicy flavour.
2. For the coating, combine the cornflour, five spice powder and chillies with enough water to make a slack paste. Season with salt and pepper. Use to coat over the ribs.
3. Heat the oil in a wok over a moderate heat, and when hot, fry the ribs in batches until the coating is crisp and the meat tender. Remove from the pan, drain on absorbent paper and serve.
Rate This Recipe