- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the sweet potato
- 1 sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
- sugar syrup, to cover (equal amounts of sugar and water boiled together to make a syrup)
- 1 whole star anise
For the ceviche
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 chilli, seeds removed
- 3 cm piece ginger, peeled
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 sticks celery
- dash olive oil
- dash sherry vinegar
- 3 lemons, juice only
- 3 limes, juice only
- 300 g trout fillets, cleaned, pin bones removed
- 1/2 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunches coriander, leaves only
- 2 shots vodka
- few coriander leaves
1. For the sweet potato: cover the diced sweet potato with sugar syrup, add the star anise and poach until tender over a medium heat. Drain, remove the star anise and set aside to cool.
2. For the ceviche: purée the garlic, chilli, ginger, coriander, celery, olive oil, sherry vinegar and lemon and lime juice in a food processor or blender.
3. Toss the fish, onion, celery, cucumber and coriander leaves together in a bowl. Stir in all but 1 teaspoon of the citrus paste. Leave for about 2 minutes.
4. Arrange the fish among two serving bowls and place the poached sweet potato in separate small bowls alongside.
5. Stir the reserved citrus paste into two shot glass (half a teaspoon per glass) and fill with vodka. Garnish the fish with coriander leaves and serve.
Rate This Recipe