- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- sunflower oil, for frying
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, roughly chopped
- 2 green chillies, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100 g frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- 4 tbsp pepper sauce
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 large flour tortillas
- shredded leaves lettuce, soured cream and ready-made guacamole, to serve
1. Heat the sunflower oil in a large pan and stir-fry the onion, pepper and chicken thighs over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until well browned. Stir in the chillies, garlic, tomatoes and sweetcorn and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
2. Stir in the pepper sauce and salad onions and set aside to cool a little.
3. Warm one of the tortillas in a hot dry frying pan until soft and flexible. Spoon a quarter of the cooled chicken mixture into the centre of the tortilla and fold over the edges to form a neat parcel; Pin in place with cocktail sticks and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
4. Heat 1cm vegetable oil in a large frying pan and cook the chimichangas for 2-3 minutes on each side until crisp and golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot with shredded lettuce, soured cream and guacamole.
Rate This Recipe