- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 30 minutes marinating
- Effort: easy
For the steak
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- pinches sea salt
- pinches cayenne pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sirloin steaks
For the salsa salad
- ½ red onions, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, stone removed, flesh chopped into chunks
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ red peppers
- 2 baby gem lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- ½ cucumber, seeds removed
- ½ red chillies, seeds removed
- 1 large avocado
- 1 small lime, juice only
- olive oil
1. For the steak: place the garlic into a mortar, add a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper and pound until broken up. Add the onion and parsley and continue to pound until the mixture becomes rough and paste-like. Add the oregano and pour over the vinegar, stirring until well combined. Loosen the thick paste with the olive oil.
2. Place the steaks on a plate and spread over the chimichurri. Cover the plate with cling film and place into the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat a griddle pan until very hot, add the steak and griddle for 2-3 minutes (for medium), or until the steak is cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest.
4. For the salsa salad: place the chopped onion and mango chunks into a large mixing bowl.
5. Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh with a
spoon. Chop roughly and add to the bowl along with the garlic, red pepper, cucumber and chilli. Add the lime juice and mix well.
6. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add a dash of olive oil and mix through.
7. Arrange the Baby Gem lettuce leaves on a large serving plate. Place a spoonful of salsa into each leaf and serve alongside the steak.
Rate This Recipe