- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 duck breast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 200 g egg noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cm ginger, cut into thin strips
- handfuls baby carrots
- handfuls sugar snap peas or mangetout
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- handfuls spring onions, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- handfuls coriander, leaves and stalks finely chopped
1. Score the skin of the duck breast and place skin-side down in a cold frying pan. Set over a medium heat and fry gently until the skin has browned. Turn the breast over and drizzle the honey over the skin.
2. When the duck breast has cooked through, take off the heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
3. Cook the noodles following the instructions on the packet.
4. Heat the olive oil and sesame oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the chilli, garlic, ginger, carrots, mange tout, peppers and spring onions. Pour over the mirin and soy sauce and stir-fry for a few minutes.
5. Add the noodles and coriander stalks and toss together.
6. Spoon into serving bowls, fan the duck pieces over the top and sprinkle over the coriander leaves.
Rate This Recipe