- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 3.3333333333333335 hours 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 kg pork belly, fat scored horizontally
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp chinese five spice
- 2 bulbs of garlic, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 large onion, cut into thick slices horizontally
- Asian greens, to serve
- sugar snap peas, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Rub the pork belly all over with oil, dust with the Chinese five-spice powder and sprinkle with sea salt.
2. Place the garlic bulb halves and onion slices in the base of a large roasting tin and place the pork belly on top, skin-side down. Pour in a few tablespoons of water. Put the roasting tin in the oven and cook for 2½3 hours.
3. Remove from the oven and turn the pork belly over so that it is skin-side up. Sprinkle the skin with a little extra sea salt.
4. Turn up the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas mark 7 and cook the pork for a further 1520 minutes until the skin is crispy. Carve into thick slices and serve with wilted Asian greens and sugar snap peas.
Want more? We've got lots more pork recipes
Rate This Recipe