- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g uncooked shelled prawns or oysters
- 100 g potato flour
- 2-3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 stick celery
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/8 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 1 pinch freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- sweet chilli sauce
- chopped coriander leaves
1. Combine the seafood with the potato flour, spring onions, celery and ginger. Stir in the oyster sauce and add the stock cube seasoning along with the white pepper. Add enough cold water to make a thick paste.
2. Heat 2-3 teaspoons of the vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan set over a medium heat.
3. Tip in the seafood mixture and pat out to a 1 cm thick layer dont spread it quite to the edges of the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes until golden the potato flour will hold everything together.
4. Flip this savoury cake and drizzle another 2 tsp oil around the cake. Pour around the beaten egg so it runs around the seafood into the pan.
5. Cook for a minute or two before turning the omelette over once again. Give it another minute to firm up the egg.
5. Turn out onto a plate so the seafood is facing upwards. Drizzle with sesame oil, scatter with chopped coriander and serve alongside sweet chilli sauce.
Rate This Recipe