- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 Maris Piper potatoes
- sunflower oil, for frying
Tips and Suggestions
Do not wash the potatoes or soak in water as this will wash the starch off the potatoes and the starch helps to make them crispy.
1. Peel the potatoes; pat them dry and cut into chips - do not wash them or soak them in water - see cook's note below.
2. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 160C and cook the chips for about 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
3. Using a slotted spoon, remove the chips from the fryer, transfer to absorbent paper and increase the heat to 170C. Return the chips to the fryer and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
4. Remove the chips from the fryer again, transfer to fresh absorbant paper and increase the heat to 175C. Return the chips to the fryer for the final time and cook for 2 minutes or so more, until crisp and golden. Serve with a big dollop of ketchup.
Rate This Recipe