- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 Desirée potatoes
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- black pepper
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into thick chips.
2. Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
3. Add in the chips and blanch them in the water for 4-5 minutes.
4. Strain the chips and drain on greaseproof paper.
5. Heat a large pan or deep fat fryer of vegetable oil to 190°C.
6. Add in the chips and deep-fry for 2-3 minutes until golden.
7. Remove the chips with a slotted spoon. Shake off excess oil, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve.
Rate This Recipe