- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 3-4 hours chilling
- Effort: easy
- 250 g milk, white or dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 2-3 tbsp brandy
- strawberries or frosted grapes, to decorate
For frosted grapes
- small cluster grapes
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- caster sugar
1. Make the mousse. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl sitting over a pan of simmering water the water shouldnt touch the bottom of the bowl. Take care that the chocolate doesnt get too hot.
2. Beat the egg yolks into the warm chocolate and set aside.
3. Lightly whip the cream and brandy until it resembles very soft peaks.
4. Whip the egg whites until firm and peaky.
5. Fold the cream and egg whites together and steadily add the chocolate mixture to the bowl.
6. Fill 6-8 sturdy wine glasses with the mousse and chill for 3-4 hours before topping with strawberries or frosted grapes.
7. If you are decorating the mousse with frosted grapes, dip them in egg white and then roll in caster sugar. Leave to set for a couple of hours on a baking tray lined with paper before using to decorate the mousse.
Rate This Recipe