- Serves: 20
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g blanched almonds
- 6 eggs, separated
- 250 g caster sugar
- 100 g plain flour
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 250 g 70% dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4 and line one or two baking sheets with silicone paper. If desired, for extra flavour you can lightly roast the blanched almonds on a baking tray in the oven as it heats.
2. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar together until light, pale and creamy. Add the flour and mix well.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form when the whisk is lifted from the bowl.
4. Melt the butter slowly, until it has only just melted. Meanwhile, finely chop the almonds and roughly chop the chocolate.
5. Fold the almonds and chocolate into the yolk mixture. Follow with the butter, then the egg whites.
6. Once combined, place spoonfuls of the mixture on the silicone paper-lined baking sheets, keeping them well spaced to allow for spreading.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are crisp on the outside but soft in the middle. Remove and cool on wire racks before serving.
Rate This Recipe