- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 mins soaking for cherries
- Effort: easy
- 25 ml kirsch
- 100 g dried cherries
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g plain flour
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- clotted cream, to serve
1. Pour the kirsch over the cherries and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Lightly grease a 20cm square baking tin. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl placed over a pan of gently simmering water.
3. Whip the eggs, sugar and vanilla together, until smooth before folding in the flour.
4. Stir in the chocolate mixture and beat with a spatula until smooth.
5. Add the cherries and kirsch.
6. Pour this batter into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes, until the top is firm but the brownie is still moist on the inside. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
7. Cut into heart shapes using a biscuit cutter. Dust with cocoa powder and serve with clotted cream.
Rate This Recipe