- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus overnight chilling
- Effort: easy
- 110 g caster sugar
- 110 g unsalted butter
- 240 g canned chestnut purée
- 220 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 2 tbsp strong black coffee
- 1 tbsp brandy
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- 50 g pecan halves
- 450 ml whipping or double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
1. In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
2. Mash the chestnut puree with a fork to break it up. Mix it into the creamed butter mixture.
3. In a small saucepan, place 170g of the chocolate (broken into squares), the coffee and brandy and heat very gently, stirring often, until the chocolate has melted.
4. Mix the melted chocolate mixture and the vanilla essence into the chestnut mixture.
5. Grate the remaining chocolate and chop 25g of the pecan halves. Stir in the grated chocolate and chopped pecan nuts and mix thoroughly.
6. Lightly oil a ring mould and line with cling film. Spoon the chestnut mixture into the lined ring mould.
7. Cover and leave to set in the refrigerator overnight.
8. Whisk the cream and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
9. Turn the chocolate and chestnut ring carefully out from its mould. Decorate with whipped cream and reserved pecan nut halves.
Rate This Recipe