- Serves: Makes about 20 small biscuits
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 150 g light brown sugar
- 200 g polenta
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g plain flour, sifted
- 2 whole eggs, lightly beaten
- 50 g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 50 g white chocolate, broken into small pieces
1. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and smooth. Add the polenta and ground cinnamon and mix well.
2. Slowly add the flour and eggs and stir until the mixture forms a soft dough.
3. Roll the dough into a sausage shape, wrap in cling film or greaseproof paper and chill until firm.
4. Once the dough has chilled, remove the cling film and slice into discs 1cm wide. Place on a greased baking tray and bake at 190C/170C fan/gas 5 for 12 minutes, or until the biscuits are lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. Place the white and dark chocolate in separate bowls and set over a pan of barely simmering water (do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water), stirring occasionally until melted. Using a teaspoon, drizzle the dark chocolate over the biscuits, then repeat with the white chocolate. Leave to set for 1 hour before serving.
Rate This Recipe