- Serves: Makes 24
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g butter, at room temperature
- 150 g golden caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/ gas 3.
2. Using an electric whisk, beat together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
3. Stir in the egg yolks, ground almonds, chocolate, fudge and flour.
4. Mix well together then roll into walnut-sized balls.
5. Place on a baking tray, spaced well apart and flatten slightly with your hand.
6. Brush with milk and bake for 18 - 20 minutes until golden.
7. Leave to firm up for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
Rate This Recipe