- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 150 g water biscuits, finely crushed
- 50 g demerara sugar
- 100 g butter, melted
- 800 g cream cheese
- 150 g caster sugar
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 150 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids melted
- 2 tbsp lavender syrup
- lavender clotted cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
2. Combine the crushed water biscuits with the Demerara sugar and butter. Press the mixture into the base of a 23cm springform cake tin.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the cream cheese and caster sugar until smooth and fluffy.
4. Using a large metal spoon, fold in the eggs one at a time.
5. Mix in the cocoa powder, melted chocolate and lavender syrup.
6. Pour the mixture over the biscuit base.
7. Place in the oven and bake at for 45- 50 minutes until springy.
8. Allow to cool in the tin before turning out.
9. Serve with lavender clotted cream.
Rate This Recipe