- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus resting
- Effort: medium
- 75 g butter
- 500 g marzipan-filled stollen, liced
- 150 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids (75% minimum cocoa solids), broken into chunks
- 3 large eggs
- 110 g caster sugar
- 600 ml whipping cream, (or half milk and half cream, if preferred)
- pumpernickel ice cream, to serve
1. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish (around 18 x 23cm) with some of the butter. Spread the stollen slices with the remaining butter.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and add in the sugar and cream, mixing well.
3. Pour a little of the egg mixture into the bottom of the greased ovenproof dish and arrange half of the buttered stollen over the top, then scatter with half the chocolate.
4. Pour half of the remaining egg mixture over the top and arrange the rest of the stollen over that, then scatter over the remaining chocolate. Finish by pouring the rest of the egg mixture evenly over top.
5. Cover the pudding with cling film and set aside to stand for half an hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
7. Bake the pudding for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden and crisp. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Rate This Recipe