- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes plus 4 hrs chilling
- Effort: medium
- 4 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 125 g plain flour
- 200 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 220 g dark chocolate, (72% cocoa solids), broken in small pieces
- 125 g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 8 whole pecans
For preparing the moulds:
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 50 g pecans, ground to a powder
- 25 g icing sugar
- 25 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- fresh fruit compôte
- fruit coulis
1. Butter eight 10cm diameter ramekins. Combine the flour, pecans, icing sugar and cocoa powder. Sprinkle the mixture inside the ramekins. Set aside.
2. Using a hand-held electric beater, whisk the eggs with the sugar for 3-4 minutes until pale and fluffy. Gradually whisk in the flour and milk.
3. Put the chocolate and butter in a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted and thoroughly mixed.
4. Stir the chocolate-butter mix to the egg mixture, beating on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
5. Spoon the mixture into the ramekins, filling them three-quarters full. Place a pecan in the middle of each. Cover and chill for 4 hours.
6. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
7. Place the ramekins in the oven and bake for 8 minutes maximum - the middle should be slightly liquid.
8. Remove from the oven.
9. Decorate the cakes with fresh fruit compôte and a spoonful of fruit coulis.
Rate This Recipe