- Effort: easy
For the cake
- 500 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 1 x 400g cans unsweetened chestnut purée
- 100 ml orange liqueur
- 50 ml double cream
- 6 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 225 g raspberries
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- raspberry coulis
1. Melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water and leave on one side to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 150C/gas 1. Combine the chestnut puree with the orange liqueur and stir until smooth. Beat in the cream, melted butter and cooled melted chocolate.
3. Whip the eggs, yolks and sugar together until mousse-like, and add to the chestnut mixture. Stir in the cornflour and cinnamon.
4. Fold the raspberries into the cake mixture and pour into a floured 22cm cake tin. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until firm to the touch. Cool slightly before turning out and leaving to cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Dust with cocoa and serve at room temperature, accompanied with a raspberry coulis.
Rate This Recipe