- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
For the chocolate wafers
- 50 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50 g white chocolate, chopped
For the coating
- 25 g butter
- 25 g caster sugar
For the soufflé
- 210 g dark chocolate
- 25 g butter, melted
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- 110 g caster sugar
- 25 g strawberry chocolate chips
- 25 g white chocolate chips
- strawberry ice cream
- a few sprigs mint
- strawberries, to garnish
1. For the chocolate wafers; place both types of chocolate in two separate heatproof bowls. Suspend the bowls over pans of barely simmering water and heat until melted.
2. Spoon the dark chocolate onto a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Spread out into a thin layer and put into the freezer for a few minutes - until set.
3. Drizzle the white chocolate over the set dark chocolate and spread out into an even layer. Leave on one side to chill, before cutting into squares. Leave on one side.
4. For the soufflé; brush 8 ramekins with melted butter and dust with caster sugar. Tip out any excess sugar.
5. Tip the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and add the butter. Suspend the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted. Remove the bowl from the heat and beat in the egg yolks. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
6. Whisk the egg whites until they resemble soft peaks and gradually add the sugar, whisking all the time until the meringue is thick and glossy. Fold in the chocolate mixture along with the strawberry and white chocolate chips.
7. Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekins and bake for about 10-11 minutes - until just firm to the touch and well-risen.
8. Decorate with mint sprigs and strawberries, and serve straight away with the ice cream and chocolate wafers.
Rate This Recipe