- Serves: 10-12
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling and setting time
- Effort: easy
- 400 g rich tea biscuits
- 225 g butter, such as Kerrygold
- 85 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp drinking chocolate
- 100 g milk chocolate
1. Break each of the biscuits into little pieces in a bowl.
2. Melt the butter and the caster sugar in a saucepan over a low heat. Once it has melted, add the cocoa and the drinking chocolate.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the two eggs, then add the beaten eggs to the butter and sugar mixture, and mix well.
4. Pour over the broken biscuits. Press the mixture into a tin lined with greaseproof paper. Cover with another sheet of greaseproof paper and press down well.
5. Leave the biscuits mix to set in the fridge over night.
6. Break the milk chocolate into a bowl and set over a pan of boiling water to melt. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water. Once melted pour the chocolate over the biscuit mixture and leave to set.
7. Once set, remove from the tin and slice into squares.
Rate This Recipe