- Serves: Makes 24-30
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 250 g dark chocolate, (55-70% cocoa solids)
- 280 g rich tea biscuits
- 85 g raisins
- 85 g chopped roasted hazelnuts
1. Lightly butter a 23cm square cake tin. Combine the butter, syrup and chocolate in a bowl and melt in the microwave, or over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
2. Whiz the biscuits in a food processor to coarsely textured crumbs. Alternatively, pop the biscuits into a plastic bag and use a rolling pin.
3. Stir the crumbs into the melted chocolate mixture and add the raisins and hazelnuts. Mix well, spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and press down lightly.
4. Refrigerate until firm and cut into squares to serve.
Rate This Recipe