- Serves: Makes 1 large round loaf
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2-3 hrs resting
- Effort: medium
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 10 g salt
- 50 g caster sugar
- 50 g butter
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 90 g cocoa powder
- 50 g dark chocolate, melted in a bowl over simmering water
- 150 ml milk
- 150 ml water
- 90 g chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour with the salt, sugar, butter, yeast, cocoa powder, melted chocolate, milk and water, mixing well for 5 minutes.
2. Tip the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, then return the dough back into the bowl to rest for 1 hour.
3. Add the chocolate chips to the dough and mix in well for 3 minutes.
4. Shape the dough into a large ball and place it onto a baking parchment lined baking sheet to rise for 1-2 hours, until light to the touch.
5. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
6. Slice a cross into the dough ball and bake for 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Rate This Recipe