- Serves: makes 12
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 225 g butter, softened
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 125 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 75 g shelled pecans, roughly chopped
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Grease and line a 25cm baking tin.
2. Break 150g of the chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl over set over a saucepan of simmering water. Add the butter and stir until melted. Leave to cool.
3. Sieve the flour into a separate bowl and stir in the caster sugar.
4. Stir the beaten eggs. Pour this mixture into the flour and sugar, beating well.
5. Chop the remaining chocolate into small pieces and stir into the brownie batter with the pecans. Pour the mixture into the tin.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until firm to touch. Leave to cool in the tin.
7. Cut into portions, dust with icing sugar and serve.
Rate This Recipe