- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 150 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 275 g caster sugar
- 225 g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 150 g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 500 g full-fat cream cheese
- 142ml carton of soured cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
2. Melt the chocolate and 125g of sugar in a bain-marie (a bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water). Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile make the biscuit base by mixing together the crushed digestives, melted butter and sugar. Press into a 20cm spring-form tin.
4. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, remaining caster sugar, soured cream, vanilla extract and eggs until well-mixed.
5. Divide the mixture between 2 bowls. Add the melted chocolate mixture to one portion and mix in thoroughly.
6. Spoon in alternate amounts of the plain cheese mixture and the chocolate one onto the biscuit base. Bake for 50 minutes until firm, Cool before serving.
Rate This Recipe