- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g dark chocolate, such as Tesco finest* 71% Madagascar dark chocolate
- 30 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp cherry brandy, such as Tesco finest*
- 3 egg yolks
- 400 ml double cream
- 600 g ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 350 g frozen cherries
- golden caster sugar, for dusting
Tips and Suggestions
Add a bit of the melted chocolate to the egg yolks at step 1 before adding to the mix and stir continuously so the mixture doesn't split.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and remove from heat. Mix in the almonds, cherry brandy, egg yolks and double cream.
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and line with parchment paper, then roll out half of the puff pastry. Roll out the second sheet to the same thickness on a lightly floured surface, and fold in half lengthways. With scissors, make diagonal cuts along the fold evenly spaced leaving 2-3cm from the top and bottom of the sheet. Unfold and you should have a chevron pattern in the middle.
3. Place the cherries onto the pastry on the baking sheet, and pour over the chocolate mix. Gently place the chevron lid on top. Pinch the edges of the pastry together and trim any excess. Brush with the beaten egg and dust lightly with golden caster sugar. Place in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe