- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 racks pork ribs
- 1 tbsp dark miso paste
- 1 tsp ground ground allspice
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2-cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 70 g dark chocolate
- vegetable oil, for mixing
- 2 corn on the cobs, husks removed
1. Separate the racks into individual ribs, making sure that there is a decent portion of meat on each one, and put them into a non-reactive bowl.
2. Mix the miso paste, ground allspice, chilli flakes, ketchup and ginger together and rub into the ribs. Grate the chocolate over and mix in well, adding a dash of oil just to lubricate the marinade so that it is spread all over the ribs. Marinade the ribs for as long as you can overnight in the fridge if possible, although this is not strictly necessary.
3. Heat a griddle pan to medium-hot and add the ribs. Dont cook them too quickly or theyll burn on the outside. After about 3-4 minutes, or once theyre coloured on one side, turn the ribs and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
4. Chop each corn cob into three and put into a pan of salted boiling water for 6-8 minutes. Drain, put onto serving plates and top with a knob of butter and salt to taste.
5. Remove the ribs from the pan and serve alongside the buttered corn.
Rate This Recipe