- Serves: makes 12-15
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hour resting time
- Effort: easy
- 220 g unsalted butter
- 225 g caster sugar
- 115 g soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 315 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 450 g pieces dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 290 g walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
2. Cream together the butter, caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
3. Gradually add the eggs and mix until the mixture is fluffy.
4. In a separate bowl, sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together, then fold into the wet mixture gently.
5. Finally, add the chocolate and walnut pieces and bring the mixture together in your hands.
6. Rest the mixture for 1 hour in the fridge, then roll into small balls and place onto a baking tray with a 5 cm gap between each ball.
7. Bake for 12 15 minutes.
8. Cool on a cooling rack and store any that you dont eat right away in an airtight container.
Rate This Recipe