- Serves: Makes 25 - 30 cookies
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g unsalted butter, softened
- 700 g brown sugar, unrefined
- 200 g granulated sugar, unrefined
- 4 large eggs
- 1 vanilla pod, with the seeds scraped out
- 930 g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 450 g dark chocolate chips
- ribbon, for hanging on Christmas tree
Tips and Suggestions
Feel free to halve the quantities if you just want to make a batch of cookies and don't forget you can make this dough up to 1 month before cooking and freeze in logs wrapped in greaseproof paper.
Bake for 8 minutes in the roasting oven, 4th set of runners with the cold plain shelf on the 2nd set of runners.
1. Set the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Cream the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and scrape in the vanilla seeds.
2. Put the flour, salt and baking powder into a sieve and sift into the butter mix. Fold to thoroughly combine then add the chocolate chips.
3. On a baking sheet, drop 2 tablespoons of the batter 5cm apart. Bake in batches for 8 minutes, until crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
4. While the biscuits are still hot, poke a hole 1/3 of the way down the cookie with a clean round pen top. Let the cookies cool completely and string a pretty ribbon through and tie in a loop so that you can hang them on the Christmas tree.
Rate This Recipe