- Serves: makes 20
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g butter
- 250 g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 220 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150 g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4. Line a shallow 20 x 30cm tin with baking paper. In a small saucepan or microwave oven, melt the butter and leave it to cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix the coconut and sugar together, then add the melted butter and lightly beaten eggs and stir to combine. Stir the chopped chocolate through the mixture.
3. Press the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes until firm. Leave the slice in the tin for about 5 minutes after youve removed it from the oven, then cut into rectangles and transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Rate This Recipe