- Serves: makes about 48 pieces
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 24 walnuts, with their shells onor 150g good-quality shelled walnuts
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 60 g cocoa powder
1. Shell the walnuts with a nutcracker if you've bought them in their shells. Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water until melted.
2. Sift the cocoa powder onto a shallow tray and have another tray ready.
3. Dip the walnuts into the meted chocolate, a few at a time, then remove with a fork, tapping the fork on the side of the bowl to encourage the excess chocolate to run down into the bowl. Now drop each piece into the cocoa, turning the walnuts with a clean fork and shaking the tray so that they are well coated, then place on the clean tray. Repeat with the remaining walnuts.
4. Store the coated nuts in an airtight container in a cool place and use within a week.
Rate This Recipe