- Serves: Makes 16
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus setting time
- Effort: easy
- 8 full size biscuits of shredded wheat
- 1 handful mini marshmallow, chopped in half
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 200 g cooking chocolate
- 48 chocolate mini eggs
Tips and Suggestions
Make half a batch using milk chocolate and half a batch using white
1. Break up the shredded wheat into a large mixing bowl using your fingers. You don't want any lumps. Add the chopped marshmallows and apricots and give it all a stir.
2. Break the chocolate into small pieces and put in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave on full power for 30 seconds. Remove and stir and then continue to melt in 30 second bursts, stirring in between until smooth and fully melted. You could also melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
3. Pour the shredded wheat mixture into the bowl of melted chocolate and then mix with two metal spoons until everything is evenly coated.
4. Put 16 cake cases into a couple of bun trays so the nests keep their shape.
5. Using a teaspoon, fill the cake cases with the mixture, pressing each one down in the centre to create the space for the mini eggs.
6. Nestle 3 mini eggs in the centre of each nest and then pop in the fridge to set for 1 hour.
Want to bake for Easter? Take a look at our Easter baking ideas
Rate This Recipe