- Serves: makes 20-24
- Cook Time: 15 minutes plus 30 minutes chilling
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the pastry:
- 180 g plain flour
- 25 g caster sugar
- 100 g cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
For the filling:
- 250 ml double cream
- 20 g golden caster sugar
- 160 g dark chocolate
- 30 g shredded or desiccated coconut
- chocolate mini eggs, to decorate
1. For the pastry: Place the flour, sugar and a pinch of salt into a food processor and pulse until combined. Add the butter and mix until the butter resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and 2 tablespoons ice cold water, and mix until the pastry begins to come together in a ball.
2. If making the pastry by hand, stir the flour, sugar and a pinch of salt together in a bowl. Use the tips of your fingers to rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and water and bring the pastry together into a ball.
3. Flatten the pastry into a disc, wrap in clingfilm and leave to rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Roll out the pastry to approximately 3mm thick and cut discs about 7cm in diameter. Press gently into the holes of two fairy cake trays and chill for another 15 minutes.
5. Tear rough squares of foil or greaseproof paper to lay on top of each case and put a few baking beans or a spoonful of rice into each one. Blind bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the underside of the tartlets begins to turn golden brown.
6. For the filling: Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place into a bowl. Pour the double cream and golden caster sugar into a saucepan and warm until close to boiling point. Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir slowly to combine.
7. To decorate: Fill each cooled pastry case with the chocolate ganache. Toast the coconut lightly in a dry frying pan and sprinkle over the tartlets then lay a Mini Egg in the middle of each.
Looking for something different? Take a look at lots more of our Easter recipes.
Rate This Recipe